Friday, June 4, 2010

a few highlights :)

Just wanted to share a few highlights from the last 10 months.

JULY... I said many good-byes, packed my stuff, and came to Brasil.

AUGUST... It was an overwhelming month as I settled into my new home and school. H1N1 caused school to be delayed, which was a relief! I was able to see the city, meet lots of new people, and prepare for school.
SEPTEMBER... I started working with the 3s & 4s at church. What precious little kids! :) I also had my first full month of school.

OCTOBER... We had a big Children's Day Festival at church. The disadvantaged kids in the neighborhood loved all the games, candy, face-painting, and fun!

NOVEMBER... I spent my first Thanksgiving at the beach!

DECEMBER... I finished my first semester teaching at PACA and went to Joao Pessao (in the Northeast part of Brasil) for Christmas with my friend Claryssa. I loved being a part of a Brasilian family and taking part in fun holiday traditions.

JANUARY... Both my friend Joy and my Mom came to visit in January. I loved sharing my new life with them and showing them Brasil!

FEBRUARY... Celebrating Kimmy's 4th Birthday at church! Being a part of Igreja Batista em Castro Alves (Castro Alves Baptist Church) has been such an incredible blessing to me!

MARCH... We had a "girls weekend" in this adorable little town!

APRIL... April was a crazy busy at school, but it was also full of lots of cool firsts. My dream of going to a soccer game in Brasil came true! :)
MAY... Another girls weekend, this time in Campos do Jordao. The fall mountains were beautiful! Lots of yummy fondue and chocolate also added to the fun time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment